Monday, October 13, 2008

A Million Little Pieces 2

Sorry this is a day late. But now I have read on a little bit and they are talking about what the man is experiencing while getting better and not drinking. His face is swollen and he feels pain and sickness when he can't drink. Getting over something like this is really hard to stop because its hard on your body to go from having so much to nothing. It also talks about his family coming to see him and how sad they are. It's hard for them to see him like this but they are assured he is in the best place. They all cry and give him hugs as the doctors re assure that he will be okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book sounds really interesting! As horrible as it sounds, I like books about people overcoming great challenges and this book sounds like one that I would really like reading. How did you find this book? Was it recommended by a teacher or is it just something that's interesting to you (that is reading stories about people overcoming obstacles)? The main character sounds like he's struggling to get better; do you identify with him because of what you've gone through in the past (cancer not drinking). How is this text causing you to reevaluate drinking?

Molly H. said...

I actually have heard a lot about the book. Some of my friends have read it and recommended it to me.
And it's really good so far! But I think I like reading books about people overcoming obstacles. I like reading about real things that happend and people that it happned to. I think I'm like the main character because we have both gone through a lot. In very different ways yet still something your body and mind changes in. This book really makes me not want to get involved in that kind of stuff, because look at what can happen to you. It's just not even worth it. And with me being a survivor it's even more risky for me.