Monday, March 23, 2009

Blog #15 overcoming odds


Starting treatment with 30% chance of survival.
Now look, beat all the odds and is here today
as healthy as can be.

I read another article about myself. I don't just read these articles because I think what I went through was cool, but I feel people should know about my journey because its a type of journey most people never get to take. I'm not saying this is a good journey, but its a journey I learned to live my life by. I over came all the odds of the doctors. The doctors gave me a 30% chance of survival at diagnosis. Of course about a year later the cancer was totally gone and I was as healthy as most children. The doctors also told me that I would be short for my age, again this is wrong. I have always been one of the tallest in my grade. I overcame these odds with the help of a lot of people. We like to put all of our faith in God, that's the biggest reason I believe I survived. I believe God put me on this earth with this journey to teach others. I hope I can fulfill what I am set out to do in this world. We also have to thank the doctors that helped me beat these odds. Not may people get the chance to overcome odds like this, and some people that do get the chance do not make it. I consider myself one of the most lucky people in the world. I believe we are all lucky, but I consider myself lucky because I get to share my cool journey. When I tell people I had cancer they usually look at me shocked and ask "are you okay?" and they really know I am its just their first reaction. After I tell them about it they will act very interested and say they want to help, when really after 10 minutes they forget about it. No one really has any idea what its like to overcome something like this. That's why I really wish that I can send my story out, and have people realize how lucky they are to have their life. I hope my journey with overcoming odds can touch the world.



Read this story Molly's Story








1 comment:

Ms. Roehl said...

You do have an incredible story to tell. Keep writing. Someday you'll have to write your memoir of survival like Elie Wiesel did.