Monday, February 16, 2009

Blog # 4, Gender Roles

I read in article in the the Star Tribune about a church taking a stance and gay ordination. Now I don't know if this has much to do about gender, but I personally think it does. The reason I say this is because it should not matter what gender you are to be able to have a marriage. This is about gender roles because you should not have to be a certain gender to do a certain thing. There are no more roles in this world today. Husband and wife used to be very sterotypical a long time ago. The world is not like that today at all. Women are out getting jobs doing their own thing, why shouldn't two people of the same gender be able to have a happy marriage just like anyone else can? Things are changing and things that used to not be okay are okay now. I think this is something you are born with and its not fair if they can't have the same rights as anyone else...it just doesn't make sense. Even though I am a strong christian I still think gay marriage should be legal. Because I believe God makes you the way you are, and if thats the way you were born, then let them live the life they want. Now this fits into gender roles because I believe that their are not gender roles and any gender should be able to do anything.

site http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/faith/39556907.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DU2EPaL_V_9E7ODiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

No comments: