Sunday, February 1, 2009

Quarter 3 blog #1, Natural Disaster

I read an article on the effects of hurricane katrina. The effects were very serve and long lasting. The article says by August 31 there was 15 feet of water, enough to drown anyone. The article also says 90 percent of people were evacuated very well, but that still leaves that 10 percent. And even though the people were evacuated their homes and lives were all crushed. They no longer had a place to live, no food right there, and even some families were departed. I don't know what I would do if I was caught into this situation. My life would definetly be flipped around. But there were many fundraisers to help the people living their and to get there lives back on track. But this is very long lasting because things will never be the same for them. The still have many things lost, and even just the thought of it. I wish things like this didn't have to happen.

No comments: