Monday, February 16, 2009

Blog #5, Religion

I read another article in the Star Tribune and this article is about the Pope telling Jewish leaders he will visit Isreal. This is a big deal because the Pope wins praise from the Holocaust denial, and will visit Isreal in May. This visit really touches the Jewish leaders. I think it's a great thing for the Pope to do, because if one visit can make so many people happy and change the looks of their church then he definetily should do it. There has also only been one other Pope who has traveled to a Jewish state. The American Jewish orginization had a meeting with the Pope and bishops and were deneying things that happened in the holocaust. They said that the slaughter of six million Jews was a crime agaisnt God. I do not know if I believe this because God does not make crimes under my belief, the holocaust was a horrible thing that we cannot erase. I wish more then anything it did not happen, but we cannot always deny the things that happened, but maybe they are right. I would like to know how this visit goes and what happens.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/faith/39486562.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DU2EPaL_V_9E7ODiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

No comments: